Tesla Inc – The Electric giant
Tesla Inc. is an American industry dealing with Automotives and Energy Storage, like most of the hotshot companies, it is also centred in Palo Alto, California. The company was founded in 2003, by Martin Eberhard and Marc Tarpenning, along with their three peers Elon Musk, JB Straubel and Ian Wright. Tesla is also known for it’s Powerwall and it’s subsidiary SolarCity.
Interestingly, the company changed it’s name from Tesla Motors to Tesla Inc. on Feb 1, 2107.
Funding rounds and Musk’s personal fundings
One of the several important factors for a newly blooming company is the funding. Tesla was not very lucky when one talks about it’s fundings and both Tesla and Elon Musk had a hard time. The time got so rough that at a point Tesla Inc. was on the verge of bankruptcy.
- In 2003, during the initial days of company it was funded by Martin Eberhard and Marc Tarpenning themselves.
- In febuary 2004, series A funding round was led by Musk himself which included $7.5 million of his personal wealth.
- The series B funding round raised Tesla Inc. an amount of $13 million dollars.
- The series C funding round which was co-led by Musk raised $40 million dollars, which involved Google’s Sergey Brin and Larry Page as the major investors.
- The fourth funding round raised Tesla Inc. an amount of $45 million.
- The fifth funding round in December 2007 saved Tesla Inc. from bankruptcy raising an amount of $40 million.
- By January 2009, Tesla Inc. had raised a total of $187 million as fundings out of which $70 million was from Musk’s personal wealth.
- In June 2009, Tesla Inc. got a low-interest bearing loan from American banks of about $465 million.
- Also on 29 June, 2009 Tesla Inc. launched it’s IPO (Initial Public Offering) on NASDAQ. It offered 13,300,000 shares of stock were issued to the mass at a price of $17 per share.
Various Cars launched by Tesla Inc.
Tesla launched some of the most amazing electric cars the history has ever seen including Tesla Roadster, Model S, Model X and Model 3 and it’s various powertrain models. Model 3 is ready to ready show itself off on the roads by the end of 2017.
Get to know about various Tesla cars and their specifications here:
Tesla Supercharger Stations:
A Tesla Station or Tesla Supercharger Station is a network of 480-volt fast charging units built by Tesla Inc. to allow longer journeys.
Tesla began building the network in 2012. As of 18 December 2016, there were 769 stations globally with 4,876 chargers.
Working of the Supercharger Stations:
A supercharger provides a direct current that generates 120 kW of power per car. Taking the example of Model S, a supercharger provides enough charge to the 90 kWh car that it can provide sufficient charge to the car in 30 minutes so that it can cover a distance of about 170 miles and a full charge in about 75 minutes.
As the software advanced in 2015 the Tesla cars could gather information from the various superchargers to get to the destinations from the shortest distance possible.
- Once supercharging option is purchased, it is free for the users who purchased their cars before January 15, 2017.
- To the users who will order their cars from 2017 will get free charge till 400kWh per year which is enough to cover a distance of about 1000 miles or 1600 km.
- After 400 kWh, supercharging will be charged but it will be less than the normal gas rates.
- As a rule by Tesla, if any car that remains connected to the charger even after being charged, a idle fee of $0.40 per minute will be charged. This fees will be waived off if the idle time was found to be less than 5 minutes. Any incurred fees will be payable at the next service visit.
TESLA INC. SUPERCHARGER
Tesla Inc. showrooms
The company is an existing example of beauty with power. With it’s ground breaking technology, Tesla is also famous for it’s premium design and exclusive showrooms located across the globe.
Few of the showrooms can be seen below:
TESLA INC. SHOWROOM AT SOUTH BEACH
TESLA INC. SHOWROOM AT SANTAN ROW, SAN JOSE, SILLICON VALLEY, CALIFORNIA
TESLA INC. SHOWROOM AT PALO ALTO
Tesla Inc. which is presently being led by a team of some amazing people and the real-life-iron-man Elon Musk as it’s CEO will be having a great future as is seen by it’s present growth.
So, Go and grab your electric beast.
Like us ? Subscribe to get every new update. Sign up here